What is social entrepreneurship? Are social entrepreneurs people who set up and run charities? Or do they set up and run businesses? To these and other question it is expected to give answers during the training course. The topic about social entrepreneurship started to be very often in front of us, more and more we read about it or hear about it. Over recent years some social enterprises have grown and developed – but many are still waiting to take the first step. Nowadays, in a period of economic recession, social economy is internationally one of the main issues in the European public policy. NGOs have major part in raising the awareness about social entrepreneurship. We wanted to gather people (youth workers, your leaders, youngsters with entrepreneurial spirit) to start to work on the topic of social entrepreneurship. We want to match people with same interest and work together on something concrete – international platform where in the future will be provided information about the social entrepreneurship.
The aim of the project is: To ensure an entrepreneurial approach to solving social and environmental problems in the countries part of the project and to encourage and support the development of a new generation of social entrepreneurs.
The learning objectives of this project are:
- To become inspired social entrepreneur or change-maker;
- To understand better the term “social entrepreneurship” and to raise knowledge and gain new experiences about it;
- To start the process of creating social venture through gaining skills and knowledge for writing projects ideas and business plan;
- To gain skills and knowledge that will help to the participant to get access to labor market;
- To discover or understand better the social and environmental problems in their countries and to get to know the situation in other countries;
- To be inspired and motivated to bring changes at home and start to work for improvement.
The project “Tools Open For Youth” is funded by Erasmus+ (The European Union programme for Education, Training, Youth, and Sport).